Friday 14 May 2010

Eau de Mouse...


L to R: Tabby and Benny.

The title of this blog is courtesy of Marie (at school.) It can either be said with a heavy, sexy french accent...or in a very suburban accent (London or New York, you choose,) 'Euuuwwww de Mouse!!'

Because.....

We have two cats, one is suave, sophisticated, James Bond-like. That's Ben. He's fit and trim. He saunters up to you and assesses you with sultry eyes. But don't be fooled, he's a killer. The other cat is big, handsome, thick! I'd liken him more to ...... erm... ermmmm .....(d'y'know what? Because I was struggling to think of a personification of Tabby, I typed Big, Handsome, Thick into google. Sooooooo wish I hadn't done THAT! I feel a bit queasy now!) Anyhoo, Tabby's a bit more like Peter Andre: He's nice'ish, not overly bright, but bad things keep happening to him!

Over breakfast yesterday, the children and I heard a squealing noise. Tabby had brought in a mouse through the cat flap. He then accidentally dropped said mouse! You could see it was an accident: If he could have spoken, he'd have said 'Sh*T!' Luckily, as it headed towards the range, he caught it. Phew-eee! we three said in unison ...... then he bloody dropped it again!

Like a scene from a really good football match, in which Beckham takes the ball and avoids all contact, then scores... little mouse weaved in and out of our legs, pursued by Tabby-the-incompetent. Finally it disappeared into the boiler cabinet! It has not been seen since! Grrrrr.

So you see, at first it was 'euuwwww a mouse!' and now, no doubt, as the creature has probably died from a heart attack, wedged in behind the lovely warm boiler,....soon it will be Eau De Mouse!

Note to Cats Protection League - this cat is on his LAST warning...

James Bond is on top....of course!

10 comments:

  1. Poor Tabby what a thing to happen no cat should have to go through the ignomy! Hope Euuww de Mouse doesn't mean you have to abandon ship.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, used to smells 'round here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lou, I love the picture of the two 'putty tats' in their basket...so sweet. I know just what you mean by 'Eau De Mouse'. We once had one that died in the kitchen behind the cupboard that we just couldn't get to. The smell was awful, lasted weeks and it used to drive the cat mad! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just got over the rat smells from upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HIlarious - we are twins ! I love the notion of comparing a cat to Peter Andre ! I'm chuckling out loud which is a very very good thing as it is 4am and I can't sleep because I am convinced I can hear our ******* mouse !!

    I think my mouse is more Ray Winstone - overweight, bolshie. Except that Ray Winstone has redeemable features. Why does something a little larger than my thumb freak me out ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps. catering pack of Mars bars on its' way to you...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in composing this article. I am going for the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your fanciful writing abilities has prompted me to start my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    Ipad Tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. All to familiar with this..on the farm we had a door that opened directly into the kitchen where we dined, and typically we had one chair vacant at the table..Cat would wander in under the table hop onto the chair during dinner with a mouse in its mouth sometimes alive..Cat gleaming with pride!
    In other words: I brought dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a very beautiful cat who was so beautiful he didn't need brains. I saw that cat get his head, paws, tail etc stuck in every damn hole he found - including the bloody cat-flap. One time I couldn't quite work out why I couldn't shut the back door properly despite many hefty pulls and then I realised the stupid cat's head was stuck in the hinges side. Unfortunately he used up all his 9 lives in such escapades. (The A22 was the clincher). Needless to say I'd never seen so many mice in the house as when we had cats. They'd bring them in especially, to play with. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belgravia Wife: Oh have divine image of you, rising from your bed at 4am, dressed in some Ab.Fab bed-wear creation. Full make-up, of course!
    Vuttikrai Saechue: Thank you for your kind words
    Natural Selection: Mouse tartare - please DON'T write up that recipe!
    MadameSmokinGun: .... sounds a bit like some men...they just don't need brains. Then they reach thirty!
    ...Almost stepped on another (dead this time) mouse brought in by Tabby last night!

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon