Tuesday 30 November 2010

Marathon ending.....



Think of all the swear words you know and multiply them ten-fold: I have 2800 words to write for NaNo and I have all but run out of steam. The deadline is midnight tonight, although, as I am sure technology will let me down, my deadline is lunchtime'ish.

Last night I came to bed late after a big 3500 word day, slept in most of my clothes.This morning when the alarm went off I couldn't open my eyes. Hubby was great, 'Get up, finish that novel,' he said. I thought he was being supportive, turns out he misses me. Awwwww.

We were NOT, I repeat NOT, due snow! But there it was, all over the garden, as I peered out into the highlighted darkness at 6am. Nightmare really, as Dizzy Disco is broken! I seriously feared that I wouldn't be able to get the kids to school in my car, my day would be scuppered. But s'OK, the roads were passable.

There was no wood in the house, but I fetched some when I fed the chickens and now, with bread and cheese and coffee.......

......Are you sitting comfortably? ......Then let the story begin, opps sorry, I mean end...

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you manage to get it all done. I really dont know how you manage

    ReplyDelete
  2. see the nano pple said we were not allowed to repeat one word 50k times, they did not say you could not repeat my name in your book 3.5k times

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheMadHouse: I finished AND the novel made sense... well, to me..

    Joanna St James: With hindsight [that wonderful thing] I could have had a character who like to meditate and chant the Hari Krishna Mantra [a lot] ..
    Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
    Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
    Hare Rama, Hare Rama,
    Rama Rama, Hare Hare

    Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
    Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
    Hare Rama, Hare Rama,
    Rama Rama, Hare Hare

    Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
    Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
    Hare Rama, Hare Rama,
    Rama Rama, Hare Hare

    (48 words....)

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon