Monday 5 July 2010

Tagged......

Ooooo I've been tagged by Victoria over at hibiscus bloem and need to answer 5 questions... being that the questions are not too scary I have acquiesced...

BTW, I love Victoria's site, a British girl living in the Netherlands, she has an eclectic site, filled with things that take her (and my) fancy.

1. What's your favourite season?
Spring without a doubt. My spring starts in February and ends in July. This is my personal planting season.

2. Best holiday/vacation you've ever had?
Possibly the one where I went to Corfu in 1986'ish and came home in 1987'ish!!! Shirley Valentine eat your heart out. I was young and unattached'ish!

3. Would you consider any form of cosmetic surgery?
OMG! I consider it EVERY day. Bosoms need to be lifted about 2 storeys, oh and reduced. Stomach flattened. Bingo wings pinned up. Waddle neck stretched back. Witch chin amended! .....(Can I just say that I would never get these things done as I'm too chicken, but a girl can dream. Also, although I joke about wanting this restoration work done, I'm utterly happy in my current body. Poor hubby.)

4. Do you have a favourite recipe you'd like to share?
Slow Baked Lamb. Get a shoulder of lamb (it's a cheaper cut and has a little marbled fat = more flavour.) Turn oven to 170°. On the skin side score into it, making diamond incisions. Anoint the meat with olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, lime juice and some vegetable seasoning. Place in a deep roasting tray over washed, halved potatoes (I leave their skins on as I'm lazy.) Drizzle more oil and salt on potatoes, place a sprig/bunch of rosemary on top of the meat and roast for about 2 hours or until the fat has turned crispy and the meat runs clear. Serve with mint sauce and a big cold salad. Juice from the roasting tray makes great gravy.

5. If you won a million (euros, pounds, dollars etc) what would you do?
Wotstheexchangerate?! I'd mend the house, buying in original features from c.1840 and ripping out THAT hideous ensuite!

5 comments:

  1. You see, I think you're in denial over that ensuite..I think deep down you love it really and would miss it if went !!!lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers. Have taken note of the lamb recipe. What is the second thing you would spend your millions on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great replies. I love lamb and this recipe sounds sooo good. A year in Corfu - lucky you - I did 3 months around the Greek islands about the same time and had the best time ever. Ahhh see what you mean about the ensuite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiffy: True, I'd have nothing to bitch about then....

    Mother Hen: 2nd thing? Hmmmm....probably secretly treat people I care about, anonymous mortgage payments and better cars! Wouldn't that be fun?

    Victoria: Thank you.... see Smiffy, it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll find that Hubby is utterly happy too.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon