Sunday 4 July 2010

A bit of a glut....


Sunday was going reeeealy slooooowly. It was lovely. Hubby slept in front of the tennis, tired from work. Children amused themselves helping me to gather a bit of a harvest from the walled garden. The 7yo appeared with a little wicker basket and we filled it with baby courgettes, a cucumber and 5 fat strawberries. The mange tout never made it to the basket!

I set about making pasta sauce, with onions, garlic, courgettes and tinned tomatoes a ton of olive oil and a pinch of chilli flakes. I zuzzed it with my hand blender and hey presto, pasta sauce.

Then I set about making a huge batch of ragu sauce for the freezer....

There was a knock at the door.....

Our neighbour brought round a serious glut of strawberries. Yummy thank you.

A little while later he was back, this time with a bag of fresh cut spinach for me. Delicious thank you.....

I carried on with my cooking and the door went again....

It was a farmer friend with a massivo glut of cherries! Cherries for goodness sake! Wow-wee, strawberries and cherries and spinach! Morello Sauce, strawberry jam here we come...

It's heaven here!

6 comments:

  1. I am going to CRY WITH THE ENVY.

    Strawberries especially are just....heaven doesn't quite do it justice. FREE strawberries are even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. Fresh and free too. Sounds a good Sunday to me.
    PS -I have tagged you over at mine with some question should you wish to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! What great neighbours you have. And what a bounty! I'm salivating on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want your neighbors. Seriously, what a FEAST! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See this is why I have severe life style envy! Enjoy your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have fantastic neighbors. And what a pretty picture, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon